It's OK to have a piece of candy or chocolate treat, as long as kids brush their teeth regularly. When eating candy, you're giving the bacteria in your mouth a huge treat by eating sugar, which the bugs use to produce acid and make decay.
How to prevent ghoulish teeth on Halloween:
DRINK WATER, by drinking water it will wash away the acid and push around any food debris that's left in your mouth. Wash down all your Halloween treats with plenty of water.
CHEW SUGARLESS GUM, saliva works in our favor against decay. When you chew gum, you produce saliva and that helps neutralize the acid in the mouth.
BRUSH AND FLOSS TEETH THOROUGHLY, parents should routinely inspect and see if there are bits of candy stuck on the teeth. In addition, parents should supervise a child's brushing, as many kids still struggle to brush properly.
Lastly, have fun and eat candy in moderation!